Update from Waterworks Regarding the Meter Replacement Program
Mandatory Water Meter Replacement
The Village of Peoria Heights will be replacing and upgrading water meters over the next several years. If your neighborhood will be getting new meters this year, you will receive a letter from Ferguson Waterworks. This letter provides specific information and guidance regarding the meter replacement program. Please contact Ferguson via the information provided in the letter to schedule an appointment.
- The Village will need to gain access to the water meter inside your home to replace your old meter with the new meter.
- The installation process typically requires 30 minutes, and there is no cost to the customer for this meter change-out.
- The Village has contracted Ferguson Waterworks to schedule meter installation appointments. These appointments must be scheduled via Ferguson.
- The installers are Peoria Heights Public Works employees and will be identifiable as such.
- If a residence does not schedule an appointment after receiving 3 notices, water service will be discontinued as a last resort. At this point, please contact the water office at 309-686-2375 to avoid this inconvenience.